Woman’s fishing is growing in Australia. There are so many options available – beach fishing, jetty fishing, lakes and rivers. Out on the boat you can catch Garfish, Crabs, Snapper, even Sharks and Tuna. Fishing is great for exercise, Great for mental relaxation, fun to teach to your kids, and a healthy food source. How good would it be if you could do it all yourself?
The justagirl Vision
Fishing Australia wide onboard ‘Justagirl”, sharing stories and involving you and the broader fishing community in fishing competitions, experiences and trips underpins the vision to:
- Create a fishing network so all woman can enjoy, communicate, and experience the awesome fishing in Australia.
- Teach the girls to “TAKE THE BOAT “
- Encourage woman to team up with other woman who love to fish.
- Help women to discover their own courage through fishing and boating
- Create awareness around the simple enjoyments, how to fish off the beach, take the kids to the jetty and catch a feed and have fun outdoors.
MISSON: To Inspire woman to step up, find their passion and no matter how insane & action it.
HOW: To Excite, Motivate and Encourage Woman to go Fishing and ignite that passion with the opportunity to learn and experience.
Justagirl the boat
Justagirl is a 7.3 Hard Top Bar Crusher Boat skippered by Tracey Tito with passion driving the following achievements:
- 2019 Riviera Port Lincoln Tuna Competition – Runner up Under 8 Meter Boat
- 2019 Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic Highest point scoring Trailer Boat
- 2019 Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic Highest Tag point scoring Trailer Boat
- 2018 Port MacDonnell Offshore Angling Club Champion Tag and Release Boat
- 2016 TDR Marion Bay Tournament – Highest Point Scoring Boat
- 2015 Riviera Port Lincoln Tuna Classic – Champion Trailer Boat
- 2015 Peter Teakle Blue Water classic under 25’ Champion Boat
- 2014 Peter Teakle Blue Water classic under 25’ Champion Boat
- 2014-2015 Champion Boat under 25 foot for the Game fishing Club of South Australia (GFCSA)
- 2013 – 2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 season Highest Point scoring boat for the Game Fishing Club of South Australia (GFCSA)
- 2013- 2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 season Highest Tag Points scoring under 25’ Boat for the Game Fishing Club of South Australia (GFCSA)
your hand up girls and come join us, let’s go fishing!!!
2019 Team Members
2019 Has seen two Justagirl crews take to the water and compete. Next season the plan is to have three Justagirl crews and in 2021 – 2022 a ladies Tuna Comp in South Australia would be the dream.
2019 Team Members
Helen Trowbridge was the 2018 Season Greenhorn: Her Achievements to date: 2018 PMGFC 10KG line class biggest fish: 2019 Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic Highest Tag Point Scoring Angler: Trailer Boat and crew of Highest Point Scoring Trailer boat and Highest Tag point Trailer Boat .
Julie Stanley is also in her second year with Team Justagirl. Jules was a crew member in the 2019 Riviera Tuna Comp under 8 Meter Runner up
Amanda Whitehorn is a passionate Bream tagger and fishes from her Kayak regularly. She is also a MRFAC member: Her Achievements to date: 2019 Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic Highest Point Scoring Angler : Trailer Boat and crew of Highest Point Scoring Trailer boat and Highest Tag point Trailer Boat.
Kerry Duncan is the 2019 season Greenhorn and has had an amazing year: Her Achievements : Riviera Tuna Comp 2019 Runner Up under 8 Meter class Crew.
Ren Martin is now living in QLD and has developed the Justagirl QLD crew. She travels to SA to compete with the SA team.: Ren’s Achievements follow
Leah Hargraves is on the beach with an injury but will be back in 2020
Put your hand up girls and come join us, let’s go fishing!!!
Tracey has been an angler from a young age growing up in New Zealand – the ocean, river and fishing is in her soul:
- Get hooked with Justagirl – Lets go fishing workshops, March – current 2019
- Guest speaker at BCF Members nights, February – current 2019
- Appointed a member of the Ministers Recreational Advisory Council, January 2019
- Member of the Port MacDonnell offshore Angling Club 2017,2018 and 2019
- Guest speaking appearance at the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Boating and Fishing shows in Adelaide
- Guest speaker at the Cruising Yacht Club member’s night
- Committee member for Justagirl representing Fish for Life and Cancer Council charity events
- Guest on radio 891 ABC Adelaide
- 2019 Riviera Port Lincoln Tuna Competition – Champion Female Angler Under 8 Meter Boat
- 2018 Port MacDonnell Offshore Angling Club: Senior Tag and Release champion
- 2016 Highest Point Scoring female (GFCSA)
- 2016 TDR Marion Bay Tournament Highest Point scoring Senior Angler
- 2016 TDR Marion Bay Tournament Heaviest and most meritorious Shark
- 2016 GFCSA Heaviest Southern Blue Fin Tuna 99kg Female
- 2014-2015, 2015-2016 Highest Point scoring female under 25” (GFCSA)
- 2014-2015, 2015-2016 Highest Tag Point scoring female under 25” (GFCSA)
- 2013-2014 Champion Female Angler (GFCSA)
Australian and SA Records
7-10-2017: 30.28kg Gummy shark on 4 Kg Line Class: 7.57/1 Ratio
8-10-2017: 18.96kg Eagle Ray on 3kg Line Class: 6.32/1 Ratio
2IC is Ren Martin who is based has been based Queensland since 2017 and Ren has a unique relationship with Tracey, they are mother and daughter but more like sisters:
- 2019 Riviera Port Lincoln Tuna Competition – Runner Up Champion Female Angler Under 8 Meter Boat
- 2019 Justagirl QLD Manger
- 2018 Port MacDonnell Offshore Angling Club Tuna comp – Champion Female Angler.
- Member of the Gold Coast Game Fishing Club
- 2015 The Peter Teakle Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic – Top point scoring female
- 2015 The Peter Teakle Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic – Champion Lady Angler under 25′
- 2013-2014 Blue Water Classic Runner Up Female Angler
- Co-Organiser of the 2014 Tuna Tackle night in conjunction with Game Fishing Club or South Australia
- Cancer Council charity events
- Team Justagirl’s public history began in May 2014, even though mother and daughter Tracey and Ren, had been fishing for well over 35 years.
- Diagnosed with cancer in late 2013, Skipper Tracey decided to reduce her personal online presence to keep only close friends and family up to date with her progress. As she progressed, more of her local and interstate fishing friends wanted to keep up to date with what justagirl was doing.
- Needless to say, cancer is a big wakeup call in any form and life is now about enjoying, not just living. Tracey and Ren decided to focus on what they love so they went on a trip to Port MacDonnell chasing 100kg+ Tuna in May 2014. This was when the Justagirl Facebook page was created and the community is now in excess of 20,500 followers taking Tracey & Ren by surprise with the page growing weekly.
- A range of Justagirl shirts and singlets with other merchandise is currently under development and hoping for release mid-2019.
Please feel free to connect with us with any questions, ideas or suggestions. Remember we are always open to additional crew members, if you think you have what it takes drop us a line.