justagirl is a 7.3 Hard Top Bar Crusher Boat skippered by Tracey Tito
Where it all Began
Justagirls’ public history began in May 2014 even though Tracey and Ren had been fishing for well over 35 years. Skipper Tracey was diagnosed late 2013 with Kidney Cancer. Her personal Facebook page was reduced from 700 to 60 at this time, being close friends and family only, so they could be kept up to date with her progress.
Local fishing friends still wanted to know what was happening in their fishing lives and requests after surgery and recovery got out of hand. It was decided on a trip to Port MacDonnell chasing 100kg+ Tuna in May 2014 that they should create a justagirl Facebook page.
Justagirl Facebook community is now in excess of 19,500 likes and has taken Tracey & Ren both by surprise. Their passion has the
page growing weekly. Needless to say Cancer is a big wake up
call and life is now about enjoying, not just living.
They have developed their own range of justagirl shirts and singlets with other merchandise currently under development.
Justagirl the boat
Champion boat in the 2014 and 2015 Blue Water classic under 25’.
Top Point scoring boat for 2013 / 2014,, 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 season for the Game Fishing Club of South Australia.
Champion Boat under 25 foot for 2014 / 2015 season for the Game fishing Club of South Australia.
Champion boat in the 2015 Peter Teakle Blue Water classic under 25’.
2015 Riviera Port Lincoln Tuna Classic – Champion Trailer Boat
Skipper Tracey has always been a passionate Angler from a young age growing up in NZ, the River and Ocean is in her soul:
- Champion boat skipper 2013 Blue Water classic Port Lincoln SA
- Champion female angler 2013-2014 for the Game Fishing Club of South Australia
- Guest speaking appearances at the boating and fishing show in Adelaide 2014
- Guest speaking appearance invite at the 2014, 2015 and 2016 boating and fishing show in Adelaide
- Guest speaker at the Cruising Yacht Club member’s night
- Committee member for justagirl representing Fish For Life and Cancer Council charity events
- Guest speaker at BCF Members nights
- Guest on radio 891 ABC Adelaide
- Champion Boat skipper The Peter Teakle Port Lincoln Blue Water Classic 2015
- Member of the Port Macdonnell offshore Angling Club
- Champion boat in the 2015 Peter Teakle Blue Water classic under 25’
- 4/1/2019 appointed a member of the Ministers Recreational Advisory Council
Ren has a unique relationship with Tracey, they are mother and daughter but more like sisters. Ren currently lives in Qlds and is establishing justagirl QLD
- Champion boat 2IC 2013 Blue Water classic Port Lincoln SA Runner up female angler 2013-2014 for the Game Fishing Club of South Australia
- Organiser of the 2014 Tuna Tackle night in conjunction with Game Fishing Club or South Australia
- Cancer Council charity events
- The Peter Teakle Port Lincoln Blue water classic 2015 – Champion Lady Angler under 25′ 2015
- The Peter Teakle Port Lincoln Blue water classic 2015 – Top point scoring female
- Port Macdonnell Offshore angling club Tuna comp 2018 – Champion Female Angler.
- Member of the gold coast Game Fishing Club
Our vision is to fish Australia wide onboard ‘justagirl”, share our stories, involve the general public and greater fishing community in our fishing trips.
We plan to help woman find discover courage through fishing and boating. We want to create a group of like minded chicks Australia wide and empower them to take the boat, to go fishing off the beach, to take the kids to the jetty and catch a feed.
Next season we are hoping there will be 3 justagirl Crews and in 2021 a ladies Tuna Comp is South Australia would be the dream. Put your hand up girls and come join us, let’s go fishing!!!